My husband is a British Citizen and has ...

Asked by Joleen Robinson on 21-10-2023 16:38:09
Question posted in the Immigration Law category relating to Eastern Cape

My husband is a British Citizen and has been overseas for 2 years. I want to immigrate to Ireland to be with him. Unfortunately I have a suspended sentence for shoplifting from February 2022 for three years. I have no prior record and nothing since this. IAS has advised I can get into Ireland, but they have suggested I check if South Africa will allow me to immigrate with an "active" suspended sentence. Can you assist with this?

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.