Hi my name is Irwin Adriaanse with I'd n...

Asked by Irwin on 15-01-2024 17:40:16
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape

Hi my name is Irwin Adriaanse with I'd no 6102125138089 I had a flexi loan and a credit card with capitec since 2019 I paid the account regularly until I ran into financial problems I then put my self under debt review and when my contract ended in June 2022 I informed debt review that I'm unemployed and are unable to fulfill my commitments to capitec I'm still unemployed. Capitec has now handed me over to their lawyers  although I have communicated to them that I'm unemployed on several occasions. I'm living with a family member ,whom I have to pay rent of R3000 per month which just leaves us with R1000 for food.

Can you please advice t the way forward for me

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.