I am planning on immigrating with my Son...

Asked by Botshelo Zakithi Kgoasi on 31-01-2024 13:43:50
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng

I am planning on immigrating with my Son and wanted to find out what do I need to apply for that will grant me sole custody or serve as proof to immigration officer that I am legally permitted to immigrate with child (preferably without fathers consent).

Som has an unabridged certificate with my details only as father was not present at birth. Father also does not contribute financially nor does he visit child. He only sees child 3/4 times per year only because me and his mother (sons grandmother) arrange for my Son to spend holidays with her.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.