Good Morning Ex partner and myself have ...

Asked by raymond on 13-01-2015 12:43:16
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Gauteng

Good Morning

Ex partner and myself have a joint bond account on a property.
The bond has been deducted from my account since the property was purchased
Further loans had been made on my name to do renovations on the property, to which im am still paying.

The relationship ended and she moved to a different province
Im am still residing in the house and paying the bond with no help from her.

1. The Expartner has signed the offer to purchace
2. The Ex partner has signed an agreement seperate from the offer to purchase for the amount offered for her share.

However the ex partner is now refusing to sign the transfer documents due to wantting more money and is holding up the whole proses.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.