Dear ,I am seeking legal advice regardin...

Asked by Deo Gracia on 08-05-2024 18:27:46
Question posted in the Consumer Protection Law category relating to Eastern Cape

Dear ,

I am seeking legal advice regarding an issue with my child’s school,m, which involves potential false advertising and contractual discrepancies. Despite being promoted as a high-performance academic and sports school, the actual services provided, especially in athletics, fall short of what was advertised. The promotional materials suggested a robust athletic program, but the actual offerings are limited and not as described. This issue is not explicitly covered in the academic contract signed by my spouse, which focuses only on academic aspects.

We enrolled our child primarily for the sports facilities touted by the school, and there seems to be a significant gap between the services promised in their advertisements and those specified in the contract. We have raised these concerns with the school, but the response has been unsatisfactory, suggesting that we withdraw our child if we are not content with the services.

I would appreciate guidance on how to proceed legally to ensure the school either fulfills their advertised promises or provides a satisfactory resolution to this matter.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.