I am facing a bit of a problem. There is...

Asked by Anonymous on 16-05-2024 11:55:20
Question posted in the Consumer Protection Law category relating to North West

I am facing a bit of a problem. There is a certain day care where i enrolled my daughter since last year. This year beginning for the year i paid R2000 is which was for books(for 2024). This year i took my child to the day care for 1 day, when i picked her up i was told that my daughter was not enrolled, i asked them for the R2000 back so that i can go look for space for my daughter somewhere else, they told me that it is not possible to get the refund even though my daughter was not enrolled and never got the books, they told me that i had to pay R1700, for school fund even though my daughter was not enrolled in their system. How do i go on about this to get my refund.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.