We are 5 siblings who are all working ex...

Asked by Anonymous on 04-06-2024 09:55:29
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Mpumalanga

We are 5 siblings who are all working except one that is epileptic which renders him disabled. Our mother who owned our family house died in 2018 where's our step with whom they were married and had one child died in November 2023.

After my mother's death no one wanted to stay with my epileptic brother and I was forced to stay with him in my house. I am married with 4 kids which makes it difficult for my family. My biggest concern is What will happen in the event i as there's no relationship nor communications with our siblings. 

The house is still under my mother's name and occupied by one of my brothers with his family. 

Will i be wrong if request that the house be sold and split revenue amongst the 5 of us?

I Will then combine my epileptic brothers share with mine to build him a house and guesthouse. 

If my idea is correct where should I go for assistance?

What annoys is that the sibling have never assisted with anything when our 2 bedroom house was extended into a 6 bedroom house.  I've covered all the costs

Your honest advise and wisdom is all went need

Best Regards 



If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.