Dear SirMadamWe are 5 siblings in my fam...

Asked by KENZtck on 07-06-2024 12:40:31
Question posted in the Malpractice Law category relating to Mpumalanga

Dear Sir/Madam

We are 5 siblings in my family:

third and forth born: one fatherfirst( Epileptic and classified as disabled) and second born : one fatherlast born : his father married our mother

our story:

 We moved into our four roomed house when we were only 4 siblings years before our mother started dating our step dad who eventually moved in with us and in 2012 were blessed with our last born sibling . i then extended our house from a 2 bedroom into a 6 bedroom house for all to have own bedrooms & privacy.Our mother died in 2018 and our family house was registered under her name 

Our mother died in 2018 and our relationship especially amongst  myself and number 2 & 3 took a dive. no one was prepared to stay with our epileptic brother so I had to bring him to my house which is around 180 kms away from home.

our step dad died last year November which left our family house still registered under our mother.

Number 2 sibling is occupying that house with his wife and kids .  we are in a situation where the three of us ( number 1,2 and 5) feel that we shoul sell the house and split the money into five .

we are planning to buy a new sight and build our brother a house of his own as our greatest fear is what will happen in the event i die and my wife and kids refuse to stay with my brother

what would be the best way to resolve above

thanks for your advice and assistance

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.