Good dayMy sister was living in my mothe...

Asked by CC on 02-07-2024 17:01:20
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Western Cape

Good day

My sister was living in my mothers house after she passed away, she is also the executrix of the will.  While living there she did not pay the municipal rate, and she recieved and she also recieved a rental income. She appointed an agent who had to dealth only with her, she then appoint the lawayers, and I brough it under their attention that , she is liabil for the municapal rate , and also recieved an rental income, which she used. She did not have any concent from me or my brother.  While her attorneys was busy with the process, whe send and email confirming and proofing that she received and rental income, and she is living in the house. They then in return send me an email, said that they did spoke to her and that she is laibil for the municapal rate, they then go ahead did everything, and did not dedcut the outstanding municipal rates from her inherentens , saying that she can take them further. So in this instant what can I do, as this is her liability now I am paying for it.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.