To whom it may concern. I recently start...

Asked by waldobotha on 04-02-2015 08:19:52
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Gauteng

To whom it may concern. I recently started construction of my house in an estate in Gauteng. When I wanted to connect my electricity, the Home Owners Association informed me that there is no cable running from the electrical box (which is situated on the sidewalk of the neighbouring stand) to my property. In order to get a cable to my property, I will have to lift the neighbour's paving to lay the cable from the box to the boundary of my property. I was also informed that I will have to cover the expense of this. Is this true? Or is it the responsibility of the Home Owners Assocation to get the electrical point to the boundary of my stand? Kind regards. Waldo

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.