My daughter's ex boyfriend cheated on he...

Asked by a.vincent on 23-04-2015 14:08:18
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Western Cape

My daughter's ex boyfriend cheated on her and she has had to move back with us (her parents). They have 2 year old child. He is seeing a girl that is a tik addict, drinks too much and hangs around in Nigerian bars, Very loose and he knows this but likes it. His parents whom he stays with and where said girlfriend now sleeps over want the child to visit over weekends. My daughter has advised that due to the inapproriate girlfriend being around and not wanting her daughter exposed this, and the fact that her dad is always too busy to actually spend time with her, she wants supervised visits where she (my daughter would accompany her daughter) and no sleep overs. The grandmother has threatened to take her to court to get the visitation sleep over rights but this is for her as granny. She knows her son is not interested and lies for him constantly. She alleges he spent so much time with the child and enjoyed it so much, when my daughter knows and has seen her ex out. The son (the ex) sneaks out at nights to visit or fetch girlfriend from bars. HE KNOWS SHE IS A TIK ADDICT!

What are my daughter's rights here? She has no job (was fired from 3) due to stress as he cheated for 3 years, is struggling to find work (was a legal secretary) due to her race and the dad does not even pay child support. His mother does but he does not know this.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.