Dear MequelOur telephonic conversations ...

Asked by Mequel on 01-02-2024 14:25:23
Question posted in the Landlord Tenant Law category relating to Gauteng

Dear Mequel

Our telephonic conversations of 27 December 2023 and 25 January 2024, and the email correspondence dated 25 January 2024 and 30 January 2024 refers. 

This email serves as formal notice of your material breach of the signed the lease agreement in that the payments due 15 January 2024 and 25 January 2024 have to date not been paid. The lease agreement is therefore immediately terminated and the deposit paid is forfeited.  You have seven working days from the date hereof  to vacate the premises. 

Please note that all outstanding monies as well as administration, legal and placement fees and any applicable forceful removal costs together with the pro rata rent for the month of February are for your account.  Failure to vacate the premises and return the keys in your possession by 12H00 on Friday,  9 February 2024 will result in forceful removal.  A full statement of account will be provided to you on or before 29 February 2024 and all monies reflected on this statement of account will be due for immediate payment by yourself.  Failure to pay the full amount owed per the statement of account will result in a summons being issued to you at your place of employment, and a garnishee order being served for recovery of the indebted funds from your salary via your employer. what can i do moving faword

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.