Hi, I am writing this on behalf of a mal...

Asked by Legaltemp1 on 19-05-2015 10:24:42
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00

Hi, I am writing this on behalf of a male friend of mine. Him and his wife got divorced a quite a few years ago due to substance abuse etc. In the time of them being married they had two children (ages now 11 and 13). He then moved doen to the coast. In the time that he was there he did try to get hold of his ex to see and communicate with the childre, but this always ended up with something going wrong and arguments ensuing etc and her denying him this access (they lost track and contact with each other). In his time down at the coast he was unemployed and didnt pay maintenance. His ex-wife was and has been in contact with his mom in his time of him being down at the coast. He has since returned to Johannesburg, after being at the coast for the past seven years and would like to get in contact with his children again. What we would like to find out is if he can now start having visitation rights again to see his children, even though he is currently unemployed in Jhb an unable to pay maintenance? And if so how do we go about doing this etc etc etc? Should you have any further questions on this please do not hesitate to contact me. Kind regards Hayley

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.