Good Day My spouse has filed for divorce...

Asked by Craig6505 on 21-09-2016 10:27:04
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 100.00

Good Day 

My spouse has filed for divorce after 20 years of marriage, I have been served the summons and did not contest. We have drawn up a settlement agreement that we both signed already and will be appearing in court on the 27th September 2016.

I will like to know can my spouse change her mind now days away from the court appearance to cancel the settlement agreement? 


Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.