Hi!I am currently here on a Relative's p...

Asked by Anonymous on 05-01-2018 14:56:49
Question posted in the Immigration Law category relating to Western Cape
Question value: R 0.00


I am currently here on a Relative's permit (spouse), and need to change to a work visa (11.6). The problem is that my current visa expires in a month, and I already have a VFS appointment to renew it on the 17th. If I renew my visa, then I will need to wait for the result before I can submit the 11.6 application. However, there is no way to change the type of form you are submitting for a given appointment, so I would need to make a new application for a later date. The job offer will likely not remain open for months, so I need a way to sort this as quickly and inexpensively as possible. What would you advice for this quagmire, and is it something you can assist with?


-James Beach

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.