Hi. My name is Nirasha Lakan. My son has...

Asked by Nirasha on 08-03-2023 18:47:00
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

Hi. My name is Nirasha Lakan.  My son has many problems right now with his girlfriend. She is 21 years old with a special needs child from a previous relationship. The child turns 3 in July. And she has a child from my son who turns 7 months old next week.  They've been in a relationship for a year and a half. They lived with each other for 1 year and 3 months. She is always creating problems with him and abuses him verbally  physically and emotionally and when he gets real angry he hits her. However, this past weekend he never hit her and she has went and opened up a case of abuse. She's lying a lot. Now she had taken custody of my son's baby and he's not allowed to see the baby. Today, she returned to court and asked the social workers to help return the child to my son but the social workers refused and told her that she's playing with the courts time and therefore must go to court at the end of May, the court has given that date and the court will decide. Another problem has come up an hour ago. The police say that my son needs to vacate the premises that is leased to him and his girlfriend must stay there. She is unemployed for roughly 1 year and 3 months. Is it possible that my son can't be removed from the property  and will he ever be able to have visitation with his son. Thank you 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.