Hi my name is Meriam Raseala, my child's...

Asked by Raseala Meriam on 28-04-2018 03:43:50
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Limpopo
Question value: R 0.00

Hi my name is Meriam Raseala, my child's father refuses to change my son's surname and i always have to write an affidavits to state he is my child whenever my signature is required at his school and now i am about to get married and i want my child to bear my husbands name since he is the one who has been taking care of him ever since his biological father left us so i want to know how i can change his surname without his father's consent

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.