Good dayMy husband and myself was the ow...

Asked by Anna on 04-03-2020 09:37:44
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape
Question value: R 250.00

Good day

My husband and myself was the owners of a bottlestore in Verkeerdevlei, Freestate. The bottlestore was sold to JA & I Smit during December 2006.  EG Cooper Attorneys was the attorneys that handle this sale.

I was paid infull for this transaction but they have deducted an amount of R 3500 for the transfer of the liquor license. I have faxed

the Attorneys a letter on 30 January 2007 and asked for the proof that the liqour license was transferred from my name. (I do have the proof of the letter as well as fax confirmation)

Somebody called me last week and asked if I can help to transfer the license to the new owners.

From the sale to Smit it seems that the bottlestore change ownership twice. (Goodyear and Das)

The lisence is still in our name. (I did confirm with the Liqour board in the Free State)

I am not sure how they renew the lisence yearly because this is still under our name and that they put our lifes in jeopardy, because the bottlestore has also an operational bar.

Could you please show us the direction to go with this.

For 13 years this is going on!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Anna Marais

083 266 0225 

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.