I have signed an offer to purchase on a ...

Asked by LuwellenP on 25-07-2018 18:18:39
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 150.00

I have signed an offer to purchase on a house subject to sale of my property, my property is sold now but i have a shortfall for transfer costs, there are defects at the property that the seller says he will only fix once he has recieved his money,what can i do in this instance if i want to cancel the deal as i was not aware that i will have a shortfall on transfer costs, and i have no source of income as i have lost my job what do i do? 

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.