Good day,My ex wife have an agreement in...

Asked by Anonymous on 20-08-2018 13:45:55
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00

Good day,

My ex wife have an agreement in place already, in writing that we did through lawyers back in 2013. 

We tried to reconsile since (did NOT marry again), we had another child since (two kids in total, 10yr and 3yr olds).

We are separating currently (waiting for the sale of our house to go through), and there are a few things I'd like to change from our agreement because our youngest child is not included in that agreement. 

My questions are:

(1) Can we amend this document ourselves and get it certified at a police station, or something like that?

(2) Or, if we choose to go the route of using a lawyer - roughly how much would it cost me?

Many thanks your assistance.

Great appreciation,



Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.