Hello, last month i was involved in a ca...

Asked by Sindiswa on 08-04-2021 14:51:17
Question posted in the General Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

Hello, last month i was involved in a car accident. i reversed and bumped into a lady who was standing outside her car at the boot area. i knocked her wrist and her car. she has since sent me her medical aid claim forms with no note atatched or explanation as to why shes sending these to me. i assume that she wants me to pay for the costs. This was an accident not a malicious attack, at the time i did everything i could do to hel her. she couldn't drive so i arranged for someone to collect her and drop her at the private hospital. i do not have the funds to pay this money back. Please advise what my next steps should be and if im responsible for all the cost incurred from her surgery?


Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 09-04-2021 09:11:23

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

In relation to her personal injuries, you can tell her that you are not liable for these injuries and she is entitled to put in a claim with the Road Accident Fund. 

In relation to the damage to her car, unfortunately, you are liable for that. If you have insurance, you must ask report the accident to insurance (and also to SAPS) and then she can claim against your insurance.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.