Husband refuse to settle dept even if he...

Asked by SequestrationW on 02-09-2018 18:00:53
Question posted in the National Credit Act Law category relating to Western Cape
Question value: R 100.00

Husband refuse to settle dept even if he is in a very good work in Bahrain, refuse to come back to SA to sort out the judgement against our name (married In COP), went ahead bought house, business etc in Philippine, but do not finalized and settle judgement in SA. Threaten me to not pay me maintenance or surviving money, yes he is sole breadwinner for 31 years married life. FNB, Nedbank and Absa judgments. According to him he does not have money to settle the sequestration to benefit the creditors. His salary is plus minus R120 000 per month, Can I sent letters out to the banks, giving his info out as I do not have money for an attorney to take my case.

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.