I got married in 2009 with a pre nup agr...

Asked by rufus101 on 17-09-2018 11:44:12
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00

I got married in 2009 with a pre-nup agreement with accrual. We separated in 2015 & drafted a settlement agreement ito assets & kids parental plan.I also have the family court endorsement for the parental plan

In 2017 she contested the settlement agreement amount & also primary custody of the kids. The house we stayed in was bought in my name with no contribution from her. I sold the same house in 2016 & bought another where I currently stay with the kids. in the 4 years we have been separated she has paid zero amounts ito kids welfare.

my rough calctions on the accrual of assets is much less than her contributions to the kids welfare i.e(she now owes me more than any claim on the accrual amount).

We have reached an impasse & have been for a court date since the beginning of the year. what claims. if any, does she have in the event we get a court date?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.