Good dayI would like to know if I can ta...

Asked by 1980DA on 22-10-2018 18:07:03
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Northern Cape
Question value: R 350.00

Good day I would like to know if I can take legal action against the hospital, because my brother was taken to hospital on 4 times when he became sick. The first time the doctors examined him he was diagnosed with sugar diabetes and at the time he had a very serious cough. We went back with him for the second time because he didn't get better, we were told that he had a long infection so he got medication for it. The third time when he was rushed to hospital after he was examined the doctors said that they do not see anything wrong with him, so he was send home with no treatment. He that became very weak at home he got a seizure and complained about having a headache. We immediately called the ambulance because I suspected that it could be meningitis my cousin's child had the same symptoms before. I went with my brother to hospital and explained to the doctor what had happened. He was taken to a scan and they told us that he has an infection on the brain. The next day my older brother went to visit him, they didn't allow him to enter at recovery because they were busy draining water from the brain. Late afternoon I went with my mother to visit him and we spoke to the doctor. We told him what had happened, he told us that my younger brother had water on the brain and that it only happed with small children so it is very dangerous in his case. We asked him if it was not meningitis because of the symptoms, the doctor looked through his book and discussed it with another doctor and came back to us he told us that it could be meningitis, If it is that they can treat the following day my younger brother passed away.

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.