Good morning, my girlfriend of 1 year up...

Asked by Anonymous on 20-11-2018 06:14:01
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape

Good morning, my girlfriend of 1 year up and left my flat with my furniture worth R60000 with her. We got enganged in January and would have married tradionally end of October. My leave got declined at work and she got furious about that. She informed me that she was no longer comfortable staying with me until I pay lobola. She informed me that she would move out and find another flat which i would pay for until my house is in order. I greed to it. Before that agreement was fullifiled as it was still in the month and i hadnt been paid, she took all my furniture with her. She never contributed to any of it and the bulk of the furniture she found me with it. I have made a Police report but I was not helped as they treated the matter as a civil case and I was instructed to obtain a court order to be assisted by the Police. What will be the most cost effective way to get back my furniture in this case without the help of an attorney which have proved so expensive.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.