If a person is under the influence of me...

Asked by JasonE on 20-07-2014 15:23:17
Question posted in the Criminal Law category relating to Western Cape
Question value: R 160.00

If a person is under the influence of medication which causes him/her to be having a psychotic episode, and the person reports he is the victim of a house breaking which turns out to be a false report. The police decide not to push charges and the person is taken to hospital for treatment.

Can the police still push charges six months after the incident, if a neighbour makes a complain about the incident?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.