Hi I am Denver Ahgoo and I am having a s...

Asked by DAHGOO on 11-02-2019 16:31:44
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape
Question value: R 0.00

Hi I am Denver Ahgoo and I am having a situation with a private mechanic that has my car for repairs since last year February 2018 which is exactly a year. He agreed to fix my car's engine. The engine blew a top gasket and he saw other problems and took it to the engineers. I gave him money (over R13000) to buy some parts for the engine and some of the parts I bought in July 2018. Me and my father gave him the parts and expected him to complete the engine.He took so long to put everything together, we even contacted telephonically and by messages and he never responded. He only repsonded a week before christmas last year. He told me that one part we bought he broke and I had to buy a new one R1485,00 to be exact and I gave him R2000,00 and told him to take the R500 as part of his labor which he agreed to take. I also gave him in May or June 2018 an amount of R1000 as part of his labor. His labor is R3500,00. Now he wants money from me for my car that is taking up a whole place on his premises. He broke the engine. He told me he was trying to start the car bent some valves and timing was out. He numerously demanded me to remove my car from his premises and pay him R1000. What should I do to get my car back?Should I pay him?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.