My wife and i are going through some thi...

Asked by adamsrocca on 28-06-2019 00:31:31
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 300.00

My wife and i are going through some things and hasn't been living together for about15 months, on and off, but the problem is that her family is to much involved and because she's the baby in the family they tend to control her. We were renting her parents place but her mother came and put me out even though at the time my wife didnt agree with her. Since then neither myself nor my wife has been living in their house but her sister, who's hunband put her out is in the house and my wife is in PE, by her parents. All our belongings we left in the house and even though my wife and i reached an agreement as to what i can take, her sister refuses to give it and thats not to mention the stuff that belonged to me that went missing...things such as electrical tools, welding machine, wood and boards well over the value of about R6000 and a lot of other small things. Two days ago i spoke to my wife and asked her again if I'm ever gonna get my things. She replied, go fetch it, but i asked her to notify her sister that I'll be fetching my things and to let me know once she spoke to her sister. The next day she said her sister says i can get it when she moves, which i dont agree with as nothing in that house belongs to her. She came there with only her clothes. I've got the message my wife sent saying i must go fetch my that enough to use as proof to get my things and what can i do about my other stuff that went missing.

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.