Good dayI'm going through a divorce, the...

Asked by PhindileS on 15-05-2019 16:42:21
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00

Good day

I'm going through a divorce, the husband has started the papaerwork but nothing has been confirmed, no court dates nothing. 

I have a car that i drive that is on his name he has stopped payng for it since we are separated and he now says the bank wants the car back even though I offered to pay for the arrears, he is refusing saying the car is a liabitility to him and we would rather send it back to the bank.

The are other 2 cars that are in his possession that were purchased during the marraige,  now what are my righs at the spouse as i cannot at the moment buy myself a vehicle as I just started employment where I work and I'm still a temp.

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.