good dayi have been divorced for 5 almos...

Asked by newwife on 10-06-2019 12:09:26
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to North West
Question value: R 300.00

good day

i have been divorced for 5 almost 5 years now

i have reacently lost my job, due to an vehicle accident (medical Reasons)

i am currenlty still booked for 2 more months ( a total of 5 months)

i do have an income protector, that paid my montly salary

but when the docter declares me fit to work, that policy willexpire

1  the mother now wants more maintenance,

2 i do have a dread disease policy, that paid out an little bit of money, and i am tryaing to use that money to start something in order to support myself and fiance

3 i currently pay R3000 a month for 1 child, medical aid, and half the school fees and any other expense relating to schools expenses, half of

how do i go about reducing my maintenance

can she lay claim on the money i received from the dread disese policy

does she have to provide slips for the expenses she incurres for raising the child

i know what she spends the current maintenaqnce on, and 80% is spent on fuel

can i reduce my maintenance, and what is my chances?

and how do i go about doing that, or do i have to get an attaorney first

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.