My sister passed on in 2010 leaving a 5 ...

Asked by Getrude on 11-06-2019 11:24:03
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Free State
Question value: R 300.00

My sister passed on in 2010 leaving a 5 year old boy by that time. Now he is 14 years old and his father also died 2 years back. The child now is on a chronic medication and his father had another 2 kids, the funds that are due to them from government are supposed to paid quarterly and I would like to know if it's possible for a child to get the monthly allowance from those funds and his grandparents are unemployed.

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.