Good day AllMy Name if Judith Motaung am...

Asked by judith on 09-09-2019 15:30:25
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Free State

Good day All

My Name if Judith Motaung am 56 years old and working at municipality in the Free State. I went to the police with my colleague to open a case of sexual harassment against my Municipal Manager and when arriving there the woman told me she won't be able to assist me i should go to court or report it to my Union. Immediately after that the Municipal Manager went to the police to open a case against me of bribery, and he was assisted and the two police came to my office to take my statement and i proceeded with my Union as i was told. 

I felt it was my right to ask the same police, why was i been treated unfairly by the woman detective when i tried to open my case but here you are coming to take my statement because the Municipal Manager wanted a case to be open against me. its was Detective and Colonel who came to my office on that day and upon the arrival the woman detective said" Hi I know you, you were at my office trying to open a case and i told you must go to court or by Union. They also told me that they were given instruction to assist the MM by someone in high places in Bloemfontein. The case was opened in May and i don't have anything with me that show a case was opened against me. How can i find out the case number and how far is the case, because now am stressing, depressing me  that the law failed me as a woman. i took the matter with my Onion and ta my hearing which was presided by the Mayor and  the MM was not found guilty of sexual harassment, and he was never suspended pending the investigations.



If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.