Hi, I am in a situation where I got retr...

Asked by JacobZ on 08-08-2014 11:02:20
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Gauteng

Hi, I am in a situation where I got retrenched and spent 6months without paying my vehicle account. The bank repossessed my car and gave me 10 days to settle the balance plus legal costs. To arrive at this the bank went to high court but without my knowledge. Soon as I got retrenched I sent my retrenchment letters to the abnk asking for respread and a grace period of six month to find another job which I got now and I started on the first of August 2014. The bank didi not respond to that request, they did not respond to my email I sent request a meeting with one of their client service personnel.

My question is what should I do in such a case?

Kind Regards

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.