Good day,i have a child with a man i hav...

Asked by tnkabi on 19-11-2019 12:36:36
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day,

i have a child with a man i have been living with for 2 years, he paid lobola but not in full, i was never handed over as the bride to his family and there was no celebration of the marriaage. we are now going our separare ways. what are the chances that he could get full custody of the child? and again the house we live in is in my name and i pay the bond, he paid for most of the renovations , does that mean he has a share in the property?


If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.