Hi, does a social worker have the right ...

Asked by TanyaS on 21-11-2019 09:36:39
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00

Hi, does a social worker have the right and power to overide an court order when partial parental rights have been suspended. The father is to submit a drug test once a week per court order which he as last done 2 months ago. It has also been recommended by the recent Family Court report that the father undergoes a phycological evaluation but this could not be implemented by court order as not all the relevant persons were present at the last 2 court appearances. He currently has supervised visits every second Friday at the social workers offices under the supervision of the social worker. I am now forced to hand the kids to him on Sunday for the day under the supervision of his girlfriend at their own place of residence. The social worker has not agreed to do a residential inspection as promised yesterday before the visitation this Sunday. What are my rights? Do I have the right not to let the kids go on Sunday?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.