Good MorningI have a question regarding ...

Asked by Anneke on 02-01-2020 08:35:22
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Western Cape
Question value: R 0.00

Good Morning

I have a question regarding a property bond on a house I got in a devorce settlement.

I was devorced 11 years ago. I got the house in the settlement, but it stated I had to repay the whole bond and do the property tranfer to my name. I have been paying of the bond monthly as there was no date or time given in wich I had to pay of the bond or do the transfer. The bond and house is still in my ex husbands name. 

I did not receive any money or part of his pensioen in the devorce and only child support monthly. Now after al this time he suddenly want me to pay up the remaning bond in one payment, because he wants to buy a house and wants to apply for a bond of his own. I understand his situation and would love to do this, but do not have the money for it. I will also not qualify for a bond or loan as I am not working full time at the moment. He gor a laywer who is bulling me into "making a plan" or I will be taken to court and the house will be sold. Is this possible, can they seel my house I have been paying on for years.

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.