HiNeed assistance in relation to Busines...

Asked by thatotomokwena on 27-12-2019 00:03:00
Question posted in the General Law category relating to North West
Question value: R 150.00


Need assistance in relation to Business Contracts. If someone you have a contract with did not physically sign the contract but their company registration number and their name appear on the contract and you have had transactions with them as per the specified terms on the contract, would the contract still legally hold in case this party (that did not sign) defaults on payments as specified in the contract?

And if they default on payments (like they have done already) and do not give a clear reason for the defaults, what actions can I take against the person?

We have had conversations together about him not making payments as per the contract but these conversations happen after months of trying to get hold of him and only gets to reason out things when I unexpectedly bump into him.

Apart from that, he avoid calls and do not respond to email queries. When we meet he claims that he is unable to process transactions as he is prevented from executing payments by the authorities but no proof of any form is shown in this regards.

And this led to me not trusting him.

Any advice for me please?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards.

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.