My wife wants an uncontested divorce, sh...

Asked by Inshan on 06-01-2020 13:38:34
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Western Cape
Question value: R 0.00

My wife wants an uncontested divorce, she's threatening me to sign an affidavit saying that I'll give her what she wants. 20 k per month and the house. If I don't sign the affidavit she's going to get me fired in the UAE and possibly start a case there to get me imprisoned. How legal will this affidavit be

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 06-01-2020 22:57:58

Hi there and thank you for your question,

I am a practicing attorney based in South Africa. I see that you've asked a question but have not made any deposit for your question. I will try to assist you briefly with your question but please, if you would like more information, make a deposit and then we can continue the chat!

An affidavit is just a written statement made by you, under oath, in which you record certain information. It can be used in court proceedings as evidence of what you said. 

Looking forward to assisting you further - if you would like.

Good luck and best regards,


If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.