trust you are well. My name is Jadene an...

Asked by Joelene on 10-01-2020 12:59:19
Question posted in the General Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

trust you are well. My name is Jadene and was wondering if I could get some advice from you on a fraud matter and how I can go about the next steps. Mt boyfriend and I recently bought a vehicle from my cousin who sells cars, when we bought the car we it was a polo and was told it was in immaculate condition and that it had no faults, we believed my cousin as we didn't think he would rip us of, a few days later and after inspection we discovered the car was leaking oil and also had caught alight of which we have footage. We then returned the car and took another and was told this is car was never in any prior accidents, of which we found out it was.. It has now been 4 months and my cousin doesn't want to give us the log book or return 3000 Rands of ours which is the balance of the car. He keeps telling us today and tomorrow and he doesn't take our calls or reply to our messages. It hurts because he is my cousin but this is unacceptable behavior to rip me off as the youngest in the family. Please can you advise me if it's possible to sue and get back whats owed to us as I have all messages recorded on whatsap and bank statements to show we made a payment to him.Regards, Jadene

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.