How do I sue my former landlord for sell...

Asked by busisiwe Nkuna on 12-05-2019 00:46:01
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 150.00

How do I sue my former landlord for selling goods she took as surety and didn't inform me of the sale? 

I and my husband moved to a rented apartment October 2019 where an agreement with the landlord was reached over the deposit and an amount was paid to to her few weeks into the month she started calling and harassing us for the next rent and deposit. She proceeded to come to the apartment when I was not there but with my husband took my fridge Nd washer that were brand new and sold them for 6200 a fragment of the price I expected she didn't say anything nor inform us of the transaction

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.