I bought a non runner vehicle from someo...

Asked by PuleM on 10-01-2020 14:55:47
Question posted in the Consumer Protection Law category relating to Free State
Question value: R 0.00

I bought a non-runner vehicle from someone, he advise me that the car need coil packs and it will start and go. Car has been sent to one mechanic to the other and is not coming right. It has been 4months now and I want my money back, how do I go about to get my money back?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 12-01-2020 09:12:24

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You would need to cancel the sale agreement based on a misrepresentation made by the seller that all the car needed is a coil pack, when in fact it needs more work. 

Once you've cancelled the sale agreement, then you can tender the return of the car, and demand the return of your money. 

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.