Hi, I have a situation whereby a large c...

Asked by Steve on 23-01-2020 11:53:37
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

Hi, I have a situation whereby a large corporate company namely "TP-link Technology" I signed a 2 year contract, which they did not honor, I was asked to leave 9 months shortly of the term. Oh by the way they dismissed me via email.. So I took them to the CCMA and won the case..

They inturn disputed the outcome as a court date was set for nearly a year later.. Finally the court date came, and they were asked to present evidence as to why they disputed the case/amount. In the meantime I was prepared to accept an offer of 4 months on the 20th Nov 2019, which they came back and said No they wanted the court to decide as they felt I was sufficiently compensated.. So another date was setup for the 8th Dec 2019.

The judge then ask for them to plead their case.. The judge then awarded me the full 9 months Again... So I had won the case outright.. The problem now is that they are not responding nor are they willing to settle the court order.

My question is where to from here... They have asked for the court transcript, which has now been sent to them.. Im afraid I do not know where I stand... What would be my best recourse..

Thank you, kind regards Steve

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 26-01-2020 19:39:41

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

If they have asked for the record, it is because they are considering filing an appeal against the court order. 

What you need to do is to apply for a warrant of execution from the court, or the CCMA, and then send the sheriff to their offices to attach their assets or bank account. 

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.