Good afternoonI am asking on behalf of a...

Asked by Anonymous on 27-01-2020 16:35:17
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00

Good afternoon

I am asking on behalf of a friend who does not have access to the internet. My friend and her husband were seperated years ago. Over the weekend, her eldedst son found out that his dad had passed away. He went to the local home affairs office to get confirmation, whereby he was give a copy of the death certificate. On the death certificate  marital status was listed as "divorced", neither the mother or the children knew that the parents have been divorced. In the interim, a son, from another relationship has elected himself as executor of the estate, with the help of a friend to the deceased. In a case like this what are the rights of the children and their mother

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.