Good dayI need some advice. I worked for...

Asked by Johansta on 30-01-2020 06:48:35
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape
Question value: R 0.00

Good day

I need some advice. I worked for a company that had the chesterton agency. This agency was moved to a new company and I was taken on by the new comapny for the product. The previous company then filed for restrained of traid witch the new company took on and won the case. The new company then had me sign a letter that I will work for them for 5 tears to pay back a portion of the legal cost. After 12 months I had to walk out due to financial reasons. They said they will take legal action now for the portion I own them. I know I signed the letter and accept that. The main question is can they lay claim on my personal belongings like furniture car etc. 

I will appreciate your feedback


Ask your OWN Legal Question!

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 02-02-2020 08:14:10

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

They would need to sue you, and run a trial against you, and win the trial, and then they would get a warrant of execution which would allow the sheriff to attach and sell your stuff. 

They can't just sell your stuff. They need to use the sheriff's office, and they would need a court order. 

So ensure that you defend any summons they issue against you and come up with your defence in court!

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.