HiMyself and another person bought prope...

Asked by cvanscha on 12-02-2020 03:44:17
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Western Cape
Question value: R 300.00


Myself and another person bought property together.When I moved out for personal reasons I paid my share for 7 months during which time I asked him to find someone to share the house or I would do so. He found someone and told me to handover my keys.That arrangement didnt work out and after 5 months I started making a contribution towards my share of the bond again. I cannot afford to keep paying and also pay for a place to stay.I asked him several times to sell the house which he agreed to but then goes back on his word.It's been 5 years now since I moved out. I spoke to 4 lawyers since but could not be assisted. please advise.

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.