I have received a Section 129 for outsta...

Asked by Anonymous on 13-05-2024 12:52:27
Question posted in the National Credit Act Law category relating to Northern Cape

I have received a Section 129 for outstanding debt. I have been busy with lawyers who dealt with Sequestration to assist me with writing off my debt. They advised me not to speak to my creditors since it could jeopardize my application for sequestration.Now I'm facing summonsing from one of my creditors lawyers and my lawyers advice me not to ignore the Section 129. I don't think that's wise.What is the right way they should be assisting me? 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.