I did rent a house in Modimolle, I have ...

Asked by jackie naude on 05-02-2015 12:34:32
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Limpopo
Question value: R 300.00

I did rent a house in Modimolle, I have a year contract but they end the contract before the year is ended and because they sold the property, we did get a new place to stay and the agent told us that we have to be out before the end of Jan , she offer me a nother rental house that was in a bad shape, she told me no deposit it will be curry over but i have to pay 600 for the few days left of Jan I told her that then they own me R600 for the days that I am moving out of the old property, the answer was no they already pay the money to the owner I just have to pay again. Then I have to pay the rental for the new house I paid the rental, but the house was in a very bad shape and I didnt move in didint sign any documents and send the key back, she phone me today and say sorry I have to give a month notice and pay the rent and I am loosing the deposit as wel as the 600 rand the total amount is R9300 that they own me according to her it is leagal and I can not have any of the money back. Is this true or can I insist of my money



Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.