Good morningPlease may I ask for your as...

Asked by carlo on 19-02-2020 09:56:27
Question posted in the Criminal Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00

Good morning

Please may I ask for your assistance or advise on the following matter

I was dismissed for misconduct on the 8th of October 2019. Four charges/ evidence were brought against me which I did plead not guilty to

Yesterday (more than 4 months later) I received a letter from an attorney appointed by my ex employer, stating that they have done further investigation and have found further evidence and are now threatening to take me to court for fraud charges

My question to you would be the following: Are they allowed to do this? May they now try and submit additional evidence or can they only use the evidence submitted in the disciplinary proceedings?

They also were given the opportunity to deduct any moneys owed to them from my Alexander Forbes pension fund but indicated on the section 5 payout form that no monies should be deducted or paid/awarded to them

I appreciate your time and assistance in this matter

Kind regards


Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.