Hi. I was harassed by an ex boyfriend. H...

Asked by Carla on 19-02-2020 20:59:40
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape
Question value: R 300.00


I was harassed by an ex boyfriend.  

He contacted my family, showed up to my kids school and my house.  To get a permanent restraining order I had to get a lawyer to prove my case.  I now have 31k worth of legal fees.   Should he not be responsible to pay this, he was found guilty and was because of hom that I was forced to get legal help.  

Please help 

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.