Hi, My son lives with his mother and the...

Asked by Anonymous on 22-02-2020 18:38:55
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Western Cape
Question value: R 0.00

Hi, My son lives with his mother and they live in a room with her aunt and cousins. He is the only boy in a house of all women. He is turning 11 and he still stays in 1 room( same bed) with his mother. I am married and myself and my wife just want the best for my son. He comes to us every 2nd weekend. I have been paying maintenance since the day he was born and never skipped a month. They have moved residence numerous times in the last 5 years and i am always the last to find out. This has caused allot of instability in hia life. This also creates finanacial burdon as whenever they move the transport (to school and back) costs increases. My question is: My wife and myself want my son to come live with us as we can offer more stability. Is that possible? How do i go about starting the process of petitioning the court to grant that my son must live with me?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.